Who we are
We are MME
We provide academic resources, online courses, formal examinations and tuition services.
A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to a user of the MME website or any of our related services.
This policy outlines the steps and measures Complete Tuition Ltd ‘the company’ take in order to ensure data is handled in accordance with regulations set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it applies in the UK.
The policy is based on information taken from the following sources along with the knowledge of our internal processes.
Data protection principles
Complete Tuition Ltd is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest is not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to the implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the company
- The DPO and management shall take responsibility for the company’s ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, the company shall maintain a Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the company shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
- All data processed by the company must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests (see ICO guidance for more information).
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in the company’s systems.
- The company shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The company shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate. Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date as set out in the Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, the company shall enact its archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why. The checks to ensure data is deleted and archived in a timely manner are set out in the Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy.
- The company shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept up to date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate backup and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, the company shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).
MME values its learners and respects their privacy. Any information we collect about you is held with the utmost care and security. The trust and confidence of our customers and visitors is essential to us – we would never do anything to jeopardise that. We will only collect personal data on this website in order to process a request – a sample request, an account payment or an enquiry. We will never use these details for anything other than to service your request. Once we have a previous relationship with you (including by one of the actions listed above), then we may send you the occasional email to keep you up to date on our products and see if there is anything we can do to help you.